Anaesthetic Injury Compensation
Most of the time the treatment you receive from health care professionals will be very good. However, on occasion that level of service will fall below what you would expect to receive and where this results in injury then you may be due compensation.
This can include nerve damage resulting from treatment including:-
• A nerve being accidentally cut during an operation
• Failure to diagnose correctly
• An injection being given too close to a nerve
• Undiagnosed fractures
• Inappropriate medicine
• A tourniquet being applied too tightly
• Poor positioning of a patient
and other treatments.
Our clinical negligence specialists are expert in dealing with nerve injury claims and the problems that can occur as a result and will guide you through what can be a confusing and time consuming process.
What are nerves?
Nerves are extremely important and are involved in everything from regulating our temperature to controlling our muscles.
There are three types of nerves:
• Autonomic nerves – which control involuntary and partially involuntary activities including the heart.
• Motor nerves – which control movement. and
• Sensory nerves – these pass information from the skin and muscles to the spinal cord and brain.
Because nerves are so important to our lives any damage to them can have a severe effect on our quality of life.
Depending on the type of nerve that is damaged symptoms can include:
• Loss of muscle tissue
• Numbness • Pain
• Too much sweating
• Bladder issues
• A drooping foot or shoulder injury
• Sexual dysfunction
• Muscle spasms
Why Choose Applebys
At Applebys Solicitors we have specialist legal experts who have perfected the claims process so that there's the minimum amount of inconvenience to you. We offer an end-to-end service that ensures that all aspects of your claim are taken care of. The primary goal of Applebys is to make the process of filing a claim as easy and painless as possible. We know that most victims are not experienced in dealing with health care professionals. At Applebys we will work hard for you to ensure there are no undue delays and that you receive all the compensation you deserve.
• Our solicitors are experts in nerve injury claims.
• 100s of claims handled from all over the UK.
• Talk directly with the solicitor assigned to your case.
• We can get you help with rehabilitation.
• Unlike others, we begin immediately to get a quick and fair settlement.